Role and Responsibilities
To assist the Academic Board to perform its functions in relation to research and development.
The Curtin Malaysia R&D Committee is responsible for
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Curtin Malaysia Academic Board on:
- campus policies, procedures and guidelines relating to research and development;
- Curtin Malaysia’s Research Management Plan;
- progress in implementing the Research Management Plan
- the research and development performance of individuals, groups, schools and the whole campus;
- the establishment of research and development priorities and identification of potential new areas of research and development;
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Dean , R&D, on:
- enhancement of the campus’ research culture, and mechanisms that support the promotion of research performance;
- research infrastructure;
- the allocation of research funds and grants;
- campus-wide research initiatves; and
- the application of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research and research ethics.
- Dean, Research and Development (Chair)
- Associate Dean, Research Training (Dean, Graduate School)
- Research and Development Coordinators of academic schools (Assoc Deans R&D of Faculties)
- One representative of CASA
- One representative of the Professoriate body
- Director, Curtin Sarawak Research Institute
- Manager, Curtin Consultancy Services
Term of Office
The term of Office for elected members shall be one year.
The Research and Development Committee shall meet at least six times a year.
A majority of members shall constitute a quorum
Between Curtin Malaysia Research and Development Committee and Academic Board
The Committee shall forward its minutes to Curtin Academic Board