About Curtin Malaysia Research Institute (CMRI)
The objectives of the Curtin Malaysia Research Institute are to:
- Develop strong research that is attractive to regional businesses/organizations and which is part of international networks.
- Facilitate active alliances between businesses/organizations and prominent researchers.
- Drive research alliances which have impact into businesses/organizations.
- Promote long term research as a means to innovate for businesses/organizations.
- Drive the transfer of problems, knowledge and trained personnel between researchers and businesses/organizations.
- Maintain a cohort of CMRI Research Fellows who have strong research credentials.
- Seek external funding for research and operations.
- Develop the Biovalley Facility as a source if opportunity in biotechnology R&D on products from fermentation and phytoprocessing.
- Raise the profile of CMRI/Curtin Malaysia through public awareness.
- Add to Curtin University Malaysia’s capabilities in quality research outcomes including in areas which straddle the two Faculties or areas not covered by them.