Internal Research Grants
Curtin Malaysia Collaborative Research Scheme
The aim of the Curtin Malaysia Collaborative Research (CSCR) scheme is to:
- promote inter-disciplinary/collaborative research in the university.
- build skills in the preparation of competitive external grant applications.
The CSCRS is for project proposals of 2 years in duration. The maximum grant awardable is normally RM50,000.
- Must be a member of the academic staff of Curtin University, Malaysia.
- Have sufficient tenure at Curtin to allow completion of their projects.
- Principal Investigators of current CMCR or CMRI funded projects may apply if their currents projects can be shown to be at least 75% completed.
- An individual can submit only one application as Principal Investigator.
- Applications must include at least one other co-researcher from Curtin Malaysia.
- The inclusion of co-researchers from external institutions will strengthen an application.
Applicants may be asked to iterate their applications in a process of learning/improvement prior to the peer review.
Nomination of reviewers
Applicants are required to nominate two competent reviewers. Competency of the reviewers must be demonstrated by a listing of their major achievements in the field of the research of the research proposal.
Assessment of applications for awards
The R&D Committee will consider all applications and reviewers’ reports in making a decision on the awards.
The application form will be available when the scheme opens every year.